I need you to know the truth about what you meant to me
Never once was I there for you and wish I didn’t have to be.
Never did I hold you tight and kiss away your tears
While at the same time thinking “I wish I wasn’t here”
Because loving you was all I wanted
And I didn’t mind taking time
Until the day I realized
That you were no longer mine.
So no longer could I vanquish your cries and take away your pain
Because I knew that for me, you would never do the same.
You would go thru the motions and put on the face
But inside you would be turning, trying to fill the space.
If I allowed that I would be more of a cheat than you
And if you remember its not my style to be untrue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I absolutely, positively love this.
ReplyDelete