Sunday was for conversation apparently. Conversations with friends and with my parents. I think I have the general idea now of what I want, but none of the specifics.
A few years ago, I sat down with my father and asked him how I will know when I find the right one. He said "It will just be effortless." For a long time I didn't believe him. I thought that all relationships were just hard, that it was suppose to be that way. After analyzing so many of the relationships I have seen, and what I have experienced myself with romantic and platonic relationships, I have started to realize that the ones that took the least amount of work, are the ones that i feel are the strongest.
So that is my new focus right now. If it takes too much effort, I am not going to waste my time. I know any situation will eventually call for a certain amount of compromise, sacrifice, and hard work. But relationships (in whatever form) should not be a constant battle. That is what I will be avoiding.
Wish me luck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment