Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Because my best friend inspires me more than any other creature on the planet

I normally only really write when i am single. So as long as i am writing on here you can probably guess I will be relatively unattached.

My heart was broken again recently. While trying to mend it, a seemingly endless supply of very angry thorns decided to also shoot into my chest and try to rip me apart in every conceivable way. Some of them have names, a lot of them only have faces, and even more of them only really have voices that I alone can decipher.

"Its a process."

"It gets better with time."

"Everyone goes thru this."

Do they? Do they really go through exactly the same pain I am feeling now? Doubtful. Because in case anyone who is reading this has not actually met me, I am different. And the ones who do know me will confirm that. I'm not too arrogant to believe that I am alone in my dissatisfaction of the current situation i find myself in, but i do know that for some reason something tells me that the way i am feeling now, is not normal.

But it doesnt matter. None of it does. Because I will get through this, just like I got through Andy, and Tyler, and Jes, and all the other little people that affected my life much more strongly than I ever should have let them. But I did. And now I am here. And I am smarter than all of them. I am not drinking crazy amounts of alcohol, or having meaningless sex in bar bathrooms. I am not alienating my friends so that I can hang out with people that have far less value, all so I can make myself feel better about being an immature cunt.

I'm embracing my freedom. I'm bettering my life. And I am surrounding myself only with other people who are as smart and healthy as me.

If there is one thing I learned from all of those people, its that I am a healthy, happy, well adjusted adult, that deserves to be loved by exactly the same kind of person.

So... that is the plan. But for now i will keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment